BASED ON RASPBERRY PI AND ARDUINO UNO R3
- Home Automation System using Internet of Things a means to control the appliances at home via a device with access to the Internet.
- The key components of this system are a system on chip- Raspberry Pi and a microcontroller-Arduino Uno.
COMPONENTS USED AND THEIR WORKING
The Arduino Uno R3 is a microcontroller board based on a removable, dual-inline-package (DIP) ATmega328 AVR microcontroller. It has 20 digital input/output pins (6 can be used as analog inputs). Programs can be loaded on to it from the easy-to-use Arduino computer program.
The Raspberry Pi acts as the brain of this system, processing the requests, responding to the requests made by the Android application, communicating with the Arduino and also acts as a server to store the data given by the sensors
LIGHT DEPENDENT RESISTOR
Photo resistors, also known as light dependent resistors (LDR), are light sensitive devices most often used to indicate the presence or absence of light, or to measure the light intensity. In the dark, their resistance is very high, sometimes up to 1MΩ, but when the LDR sensor is exposed to light, the resistance drops dramatically, even down to a few ohms, depending on the light intensity
PASSIVE INFRARED MOTION SENSOR (PIR)
The PIR sensor is used to detect any changes in the infrared signal it monitors, gives out a HIGH output signal when motion is detected. Options like delay timer and sensitivity can be adjusted using the controls on the sensor. It has a range of 20 feet or 6 meters and a field view of 110°±15. almost always used to detect whether a human has moved in or out of the sensors range
MAGNETIC REED SENSOR
The magnetic reed and motion sensors also act as security by checking the integrity of the doors and windows and detecting any unwanted motion in the house
GAS SENSOR (MQ5)
The MQ5 is an LPG and Propane gas detection sensor which gives a HIGH signal on detection of gases in the environment.
SYSTEM ARCHITECTURE :
- This system is used in home appliances and offices.
- low cost system which can provide the user: power to do anything by doing almost nothing.
- The use of Android as the base platform makes sure this system can be available to wide range of users.
- Helps to improve the living standards and also provide a safe environment