The objective of this project is to digitize an oven using embedded systems .
WORKING OF EACH BLOCK
–BLOCK 1: The basic block depicts the pic microcontroller (pic16f887).
–BLOCK 2: The second block represents the interfacing of LM35 temp. sensor with microcontroller to take input the temperature of the oven and display it on the lcd screen , this will be done using ADC.
–BLOCK 3: The third block depicts the interfacing of 6 switches . 2 switches are used to indicate open and close feature and rest 4 switches are for time delay until the heating process. i.e first switch for 1 min time delay , second for 2 min time delay and so on.
–BLOCK 4 : A buzzer is also interfaced to give a beep sound after the heating is completed .
–BLOCK 5 : This Block depicts interfacing of 16*2 alphanumeric lcd to display opening and closing of oven door as well as temperature .
–BLOCK 6: This block depicts interfacing of a stepper motor with the help of ULN2004A IC .
–BLOCK 7 and BLOCK 8 : Red led glows to indicate that the project is in running state currently and green led indicates the the timer delay .
2.LM35 Temp. sensor
4.16*1 ALPHANUMERIC LCD
9. BC548 TRANSISTOR
11. CRYSTAL OSCILLATOR 20MHz
12. CAPACITORS (22pF,0.1uF)
13. RESISTORS (330 ,10K,2K )ohm
WORKING OF EACH COMPONENT IN THE PROJECT
- The digital oven will have better features as compared to a regular analog oven .
- It consists of a 16*1 alphanumeric LCD to display the opening and closing of the oven door . The LCD also displays the temperature of the oven .
- To display the temperature of the oven LM35 temperature sensor has been used .
- The system in total consists of 6 switches . 2 switches are for the opening and closing of the oven door and the remaining 4 switches are for the time delay given during heating process .
- The opening and closing of the oven door is controlled by switches done by using a stepper motor.
- 2 LED’s are used one green and the other red . The red one indicates that the system is in running process whereas the green led indicates the time duration of the heating process for ex. 1min.
- A buzzer is used to give a beep sound when the heating process is completed.
We are using this embedded system to digitize the oven . The applications for this project are wide .
- We would be indicated every time the food is ready by beep sound of buzzer.
- switch using motors .
- Easily readable temperature along with other operations displayed on lcd screen.
- Easy to give time delays using switch for 1,2,3 or 4 minutes .
Better than the analog oven that is manually controlled without all these features
–The project could be improved further that if the user is outdoor or busy in some other work while the food is ready and is still unable to switch off the appliance ,a message could be sent on his phone using gsm to which is the user responds , the appliance switches off on its own.